Thursday, November 1, 2007

Message from Athena

guys, this is the auto-reply message from Athena's email-


Dear friends,

I would like to thank you all for your love and support over these past few days. I don't know where I would be right now if I didn't have so many lovely and kind voicemails and beautiful emails to comfort me.

I know that several of you have started to send the most amazing food and flowers and, for this, I (and Joe's family) could never begin to thank you enough.

As my head becomes clearer, I am reminded of a charity that was very dear to Joe - The Special Operations Warrior Foundation. (a description is below.)

The Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF) provides free college scholarship grants, along with financial aid and educational counseling, to the children of Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps Special Operations personnel who were killed in an operational mission or training accident.

http://www.specialops.org/

From this point forward, in lieu of flowers and food, I ask that you please consider making a donation to this Foundation. I know that this was important to Joe and he would have appreciated it. Hopefully by the end of the day there will be a special group designated to Joseph Curreri on the website.

I should have more information regarding the funeral and memorial in a couple of days.

Thank you, Athena

2 comments:

reushi said...

Joey and I were team mates @ NBAC When I was 12 yrs old I made Jr. Nationals. I was so afraid of the upper level.I was way too young to achieve it but I did. He sat beside me on the plane to Auburn that year and made me feel so good about myself. I made a friend on the upper level. I will never forget that experience and I will never forget the time and effort that Karen, my guidance counseler at Maryvale. helped me through those difficult times............academics vs swimmimg.......... God bless you and your family......... Love. Ashley Lorenz

Ashley Lorenz said...

My name is Ashley Lorenz, years ago I shared a small story that I experienced w Joey.. I'm not sure if this comment I'm writing now will even get to its respected readers, but I just wanted to express that I truly believe Joey's spirit lives w all of us to this day n ecspecially thru out these Olympic games. God Bless....