Thursday, November 1, 2007

This site is for Joey

Eric and I have been looking for a way to get everyone together. We're working on a website, but in the meantime this will help everyone communicate. As soon as we know when the services will take place, we'll send the information to everyone.

We've lost a dear friend. An exceptional human being. A man who appreciated everything in life; his family, his friends and his country. There is so much more to say about Joe Curreri. I hadn't seen him in a little over a year, and I miss him so much.

Post whatever you want here. You can tell a funny story, just post a picture or talk about how you feel.

Loveya Joe.

Your friend,

Josh Ilika

3 comments:

JeffLee said...

There aren't enough blogs in the world to capture all the good things to say about our friend Joe. He was a friend, a leader, and a role model for us all.
It is a real shame that our friend has been taken from us, but thank you Josh and Erik for creating this medium to remember him, and share our thoughts.
I exchanged emails with Joe just about a week ago, and he was apologizing for keeping it short because he had limited time online... I can only imagine how many emails he was able to cram into a short alotment of time, just to say hi to all his friends.
You're a good man Joseph! We will miss you dearly.
Godspeed!

Jeff Lee

m_gausman said...

Ilika,

I wanted to thank you and Erik for the time you put into making this website. I can honestly say that it has helped me immensely. Reading the blogs from Joe's friends in the Army confirms everything I ever thought about the kind of person Joe was. Not only is it a way to remember Joe, it is a way for all of us to remember him together. Thanks dude!!

Kelly Lynn James said...

I did not know Joe, but I can tell that he was a good man and a good friend. We lost a good friend and teammate (Penn Swimming '99) last year to cancer and my heart goes out to Joe's teammates, friends and family.

With love,
Kelly Lynn James